First: the Bilger Quarry Historical Site at the south end of the Safeway parking lot.The Quarry was in operation from 1870 to 1923.It provided rock for Oakland’s roads. Now it serves as a reservoir for the Claremont Country Club.
Glen Echo Creek is the source of its water.
Third:Studio One on 45th St
This was the site of the Ladies Home Relief Society Children’s Home which was built in 1874.
Home of many notable students including Stephen Bechtel(1918),Ron Dellums(1953),Clint Eastwood(1949),Curt Flood(1956),Rickey Henderson(1976),Rod McKuen(1951),the Pointer Sisters:Ruth(1963),Anita(1965),Pat(1965),and Jack Soo(1934)
It was built in 1864.It is Oakland Heritage Landmark Number 6.It is 1 of 5 historic homes owned by Oakland Sixth: King’s Daughters Home
It was designed by Julia Morgan and dedicated in 1912. It is now used by Kaiser Permanente.